Tiffen Filters 4x4 Solid Color Blue Glass FX Filter #3 - 44BL3
The Tiffen 4 x 4" Clear Solid Blue 3 Filter is part of Tiffen's award-winning series of color filters and one of the most widely used. They enhance reality, adding a touch of subtlety or drama to the image.
This filter gives you the ability to add more "punch" to an otherwise ordinary scene. Tiffen filters give you the control you need to create a scene as opposed to just shooting a scene.
The Soft or Hard label indicates the degree of color graduation.
Whether at the Pro or Photo 1 level, Tiffen filters have always been the industry's first choice.
- Adding color excitement to a drab sky
- Changing the specific color in a scene to create a desired special effect
- Enhancing the existing color or creating subtle color drama
- Creating more balanced exposure in uneven lighting conditions
- Tiffen filters are manufactured using ColorCore technology, a closely guarded proprietary process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision metal rings
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the color and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations.
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multimillion-dollar productions
- Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence
- Type: Solid Blue
- Size: 4x4" (100x 100 x 4mm thick)
- Grade: 3
- Effect: To add color to the photograph
- Application: Nature, scenics
- Construction: ColorCore Glass